The Point And Chimes Awarded Pacemaker Finalists By Associated Collegiate Press

In October both The Point and The Chimes were told that they made Pacemaker Finalists by The Associated Collegiate Press. This is one of the most notable awards given to work produced by student media.

Once again the Point and Chimes were notified that they will be receiving awards from the California College Media Association (CCMA)  for content produced in their recent issues. the teams have been invited to receive their awards and attend the annual conference of student journalists on March 9-12 in San Francisco.

The conference itself will give students the opportunity to learn from industry professionals in tangible skills-oriented sessions as well as engage with others in and out of sessions on more philosophical debates about journalism and related topics.

“This opportunity can come alongside their Biola education and challenge these media teams to see their work impacting the industry and their communities for Christ through their professional preparation,” said Dr. Tamara Welter, advisor to The Point.

Students from California state universities and private institutions will be attending, including UCLA, Cal State Fullerton, Azusa Pacific and many more. Both staffs will be sending multiple representatives t the conference to receive awards.