THE CHIMES Spotlight: Ruth Naomi Floyd Leads Worship at Calvary Chapel

This photography highlight features some of the significantly outstanding content crafted by our student media groups. The submission can be viewed here, as well as excerpts from the student about the creative process.

“No, my chapel fights to withstand the snarling gales, Baking heat, and freezing chill, unshielded from attack. Unless I live above the clutter, near the clouds, Despite the storms that shake life’s walls, I would miss the majesty that can abound.”

During the Calvary Chapel dedication ceremony, Ruth Naomi lead a worship service that set a beautiful precedent for future worship and praise within the building. Lisa Williams, the Chimes photographer at the event, believes that part of what made this moment so riveting was the boldness with which the event was conducted. “It was very powerful,” she said afterwards, describing her photography experience as “difficult, because so much of the message was audible, but also doable, because of the clear and tangible expressions which displayed through the service.”

To View the Full Article, click HERE

Towards the end of the ceremony, this poem was read, reflecting well one of the many purposes in constructing the building: to provide students with a place where they could not only attend chapel but also reflect on the bigger picture of life, even through difficult times.

Like a chapel on a rugged crag,

Its steeple pointing upward,

My life doesn’t huddle protected in the valley

Beneath trees that keep the blistering sun at bay.

Walls of stone slow not the power of pounding wind.

No, my chapel fights to withstand the snarling gales,

Baking heat, and freezing chill, unshielded from attack.

Unless I live above the clutter, near the clouds,

Despite the storms that shake life’s walls,

I would miss the majesty that can abound.

The path to my mountain top may be steep

Over the jagged teeth of angry rocks.

Yet the trip merits the difficulty, the distress

Even if a towering tempest hides the sun,

For a rainbow will follow the rain someday,

Even if the storm wipes the chapel away.